Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Almost There

I am less than one week from departure and everything is almost ready. The goodbyes and well wishes have begun as I wind down my teaching schedule this week. I feel I have moved beyond anxiety to anticipation.

I am fortunate to be travelling with my best yoga friend Karen Allgire, from Cleveland. Karen has already made one trip to Pune, and I have already relied on her experience and guidance to prepare and pack. Karen has reassured me as I have my expressed fears about both the travel and studying with the Iyengar family - thanks Karen!

One of my students asked me what expectations I have of the trip and what I hope to learn. I answered that I didn't have specific expectations of what I wanted to learn, rather I am eager to experience the effects of uninterrupted yoga practice. I am extremely thankful that I will have the opportunity to spend a month focused on my practice and studies - I realize this is an chance that many people never get. Thanks to my family and everyone at SYC who has supported me!

1 comment:

Becky35 said...

Nina,

I am very excited about this fabulous opportunity for you, as your student and as one who practices yoga.

I am sending you serenity for acceptance, courage for change and wisdom to know the difference.

I have no doubt that you will be humbled and I have no doubt that you will make the most out of what you will be given.

I look forward, with anticipation, to seeing you this Fall.

Becky W.