Sunday, July 27, 2008

Return of Anxiety

My last post said that I had moved from anxiety to anticipation. I should have known that my usual travel anxiety would resurface, like a prickly weed that resprouts after repeated attempts of eradication. Yesterday I had a morning of worry about family (what if they forget that they like having me around?) and flying (how can I spend 20 hours in a plane?). What I needed was physical effort to clear my head. So I whacked at the camellia bushes, and then my son, husband and I took a short hike. To cap these efforts I practiced for an hour. By dinner time I felt much more centered and calm.

Today will be a day of packing, cleaning and hanging out with the family. I hope to keep my anxieties to a minimum with positive thinking - I can do this!

2 comments:

Theyoginme said...

Nina, Last night at the anatomy class I met a couple of first timers. The unanimous comment - "focus on the good things and accept the bad things about being in Pune". Your anxiety and anticipation is understandable.

Over the last few days I have found that the "samasthiti" state, the state of stillness will come very handy as you absorb everything that will come at you including all the news about bomb blasts in two cities and everything on high alert :)

There is light rain in Pune, so have you umbrella handy. On July 31st at 7pm Geeta is teaching a Bhagwat Gita class. I hope to you see you there. Have a safe journey. Call me if you need any help with anything at all and I hope to hear from you once you arrive.

Nitin

jacnan said...

Nina,

We are still trying to add a comment! Hard for the old to learn I guess. We are enjoying your blog very much. Hope you are feeling well. Love, Z