Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Backbends

Friday night class with Raya and Saturday morning’s class with Chandra (Mr. Iyengar directing) had as doing many backbends. Having two intense backbend class just15 hours apart made me both tired and exhilarated. The pose Urdhva Dhanurasana (upward bow) has always been challenging for me. It is one of those poses that usually makes me think “oh no, not this pose”. But having to do so many brought me closer to the yoga ideal of ease and stability in the pose. My breath was relaxed and my arms began to figure out how to straighten. Progress through practice, another yoga idea, became manifest.

After last weekend’s trip, we were grateful to stay home and rest. I went out to dinner with Jen and her roommate Kathy from Australia. We spent the afternoon with Chris Beach working on our Jr. Int. III certification poses. Care and Karin invited Karen and I over for a lovely dinner with Lou Holtz. And we saw Barb off – she is on her way home as I type this.

Confession time! My overwhelming desire for dessert overcame my vow to stay out of the mall and we went to the gelato store at the food court. After observing everyone staring at me on the elevator Karen said “Let’s face it, you are a novelty wherever you go”. At least nobody asked for pictures in the mall! We ended our weekend by watching Good Will Hunting.

I can feel the curtain of departure beginning to fall. Several people left over the weekend and more are leaving mid-week. Karen and I are planning our last shopping trips and we are going to have a good bye lunch with Rajlaxmi and Gulnaz tomorrow. I am eagerly thinking more of home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just want you to know i sent you the warrior commentary about the reward of training, training, and more training before reading this! :-) See you soon! yae!