Friday, August 20, 2010

Thursday 8/19

I am doing much better and will rejoin regular class tomorrow. I hope to write more about classes in future entries.

Today Mandira from Mumbai is here and we chatted and visited up at our apartment. Mandira is one of the six Indian teachers who came to Portland for the convention. She has written an article for Yoga Rahasya (The magazine the Institute publishes) about her experience at the convention and she shares her ideas with me and Barb in a lively conversation. Marian Pierce also has an article featured in this issue, and I have been given copies to bring home to her. (Marian, if you are reading this – great article!)

Jen and I ventured over to Pune Central which we have dubbed the evil mall. The escalators are set up so that you have to slog completely around each floor to make it to the next level of escalators and the elevators are a five minute wait, even if the store is relatively empty. We unfortunately had to visit each floor twice because the layout was so confusing. We both swore that we would avoid this place for the rest of our stay.

I finally have some pictures available, so enjoy!

No comments: