Thursday, August 26, 2010

Winding down

This will be my last post before I head home.

The experience of being here a second time has been vastly different than the first. The most glaring differece is the lack of Geeta. All of us miss her teaching, her presence and her intensity.

Another difference is my ability to cope. Last time it was deer in the headlights! This time most everything has been familiar, if not comfortable.

My last thoughts are about connections. It has been touching to get to know many of the teachers on a more personal level. They are warm-hearted and dedicated to the Iyengar family and have been kind to us.

In 48 hours I will be on my way to Portland, hoping for ripe home grown tomatoes from my garden and the love of my family.

2 comments:

Theyoginme said...

Glad to read that you found things more familiar and comfortable and made connections...the third trip perhaps you will get a sense of belonging there..

Allison said...

safe travels!!
Really looking forward to seeing you and hearing more about the experience.