Friday, August 20, 2010

Early Friday morning - I need sleep!

It is 12:30 am and I can’t sleep so I have decided to blog. Even a couple of hours of listening to my favorite music has not helped make me sleepy. Maybe it was the chai tea I had about 4pm that has made me feel so wired. The honking has subsided to an occasional horn. The busy main road that is slow and packed during the day turns into a speedway at night transforming the cacophony of whimsical horns into the sound of vehicles whizzing past at high speed.

Thursday ended with another visit. Rajlaxmi and Gulnaaz (teachers from the Institute who were also part of the convention) stopped by our apartment after Pranayama class. We had a good time. They indulged me and let me show them my son’s wedding pictures (he was married in July). They were very interested in our wedding customs- Catie’s wedding dress, where the wedding was held, and what was involved with the ceremony.

I am missing my 30 year class reunion that will be held this evening in Portland (Sunset High School, class of ’80). I actually would have attended, but I guess I will have to wait until 35 years.

Nuvana Is set to be here today (Friday) and I am looking forward to her visit.

1 comment:

Catie said...

I'd love to hear their customs! I know that they wear a Red dress and I think that white is considered bad luck (like black is for us!)

You sound like you are having a great time! Love hearing about it! Miss you! <3