Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Almost There!

Karen and I have watched all the Star Wars movies, plus the musical Hair. We feel we are "almost there" in terms of our long adventure!

Our first pranayama class with Geeta was both relaxing and energizing. The shift from the powerful backbend practice to the more subtle breath work has come just in time. I can tell that the students are tired as they near the end of the month and are welcoming the new focus. I myself was more than ready! The size of the group has shrunk, giving us more room in the yoga hall and a less hurried atmosphere in getting and putting away the props.

The needed energy (physical and mental) to keep up this schedule is remarkable, and I have stopped observing classes as I feel the need to rest. I completely recovered from last week's downtime, but now Karen has come down with a terrible cold and is sleeping much of the time.
I no longer am phased by crossing the road or the traffic, and if I ever come back I know I will be more comfortable exploring different areas.

I know how anxious I am to get home by my eagerness to start packing. But I have restrained myself, knowing that it is too early. We have only four more nights in Pune, and then head to Mumbai for our flight on Saturday. I know I am not the only one longing for home. One of my new found friends said that she felt the month was like a running a marathon - making deals with herself to get through just one more day.

I will write at least one more time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's just like shooting whomp rats back home!!! Stay on target.

Unknown said...

shooting whomp rats?

ps. once i missed my plane out of India. Not happy.

Unknown said...

Nina, you passed the traffic test... India will grow on you as time goes by and if you make more trips... I hope you will.

Naomi said...

Oh Biggs is right, I'm never gonna get out of here!