Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cyber Cafe

Karen and I are sitting in a cyber cafe so we can have high speed internet access, instead of dial up. It is completely filled with teenage boys playing Doom online. They are yelling and shouting in their immersion in what they are doing. The walk was crazy to get here and we crossed the street with a young man who seemed to know what he was doing. It is hot and stuffy despite the open windows. and a real Pune experience. I think I will stick with the slower dial up at home, as I am getting a headache from the heat and noise.

Karen and I wanted a taste of home last night so we watch Star Wars on my laptop. We are both Star Wars nuts, and it was great to watch and relax.

It is interested to practice in the hall and watch everyone use the ropes. I have learned quite a few new ways to work with the ropes and I am excited to share with everyone at home. I feel my body start to open in new ways as I am immersed in this experience. Tonight is our first pranayama class. The students who are new to classes at Pune are to go to a different class than those who are here for the second (or more) time.

Bill - we are on the second floor, not the fourth. Julie, thanks for the iPod speakers - Karen and I are using them a lot! Nitin, I will say hi to Nuvana's relatives, thanks for the tip!

6 comments:

Theyoginme said...

The cyber cafe at E-Square is air conditioned inside a mall in the theaters. Its a 10 min walk or a short Rickshaw ride, by the main road where everything is ripped up (on your left if you face your flat). I can't guarentee the noise pollution part. You will probably hear very loud bollywood beat music.

Unknown said...

Dear Nina,

My second attempt at posting a comment...not sure where the first one ended up!

I am enjoying your snippets very much! I can't imagine being someplace as different from home as India...

All is good here. Emma and Eric are in Illinois right now, leaving me and Ethan some mom/son bonding time. We are off to explore an island on the Willamette with a friend who has a canoe. Ethan is also getting more and more into skateboarding--yikes!

Bring home some of that kid's yoga for my new GS Troop, okay? Can't wait to see you when you return.

love, Ellen

Anonymous said...

Go Nina! It’s been great to read your blog. I hope you are taking some great pictures to share when you come back. Keep up the good work and learning. We are all cheering for you. -- Stacey

Unknown said...

I just had the same experience as Ellen - my post went into the ether!

If you head up to the E square for email you might want to see a movie - more air conditioning! I also think there is an upscale Asian themed restaurant which is a nice treat.

The library is a nice, usually quiet, place to go if it isn't too crowded. Watch that step!

I'd be interested if you teach a class on what you are learning on the ropes. Keep soaking it all up!

Bill M

Tom said...

Hey Mom,

Sorry I havent left any comments yet, but I've been reading! India sounds very busy!

Catie still hasnt heard back about the interview she had, but we'll be sure to let you know when she does. Unfortunately I don't have anything exciting to share but wanted to say hi.

Unknown said...

Hi Nina,

I was thinking of you last night in class (Thursday night level 2), and wondering how you were doing. We're enjoying Jen's penchant for backbends in your absence. But we miss you, too. I can't wait to see what you'll teach us with the ropes. Until then... may the force be with you!

Lisa I