Friday, August 8, 2008

Forward Bends and Massage

We are on to a week of standing poses and forward bends! Our first forward bend class was with Geeta. It was the best forward bend class ever and Geeta's teaching was briliant. My head was acutally in the vicinity of my leg in Maricyasana I - definitely a first! Geeta started class by looking at the people in the front row and declaring that she was tired of seeing the same faces in the front. She made everyone switch places and I ended up second row, center. It was illuminating to be that close to her. She looked me in the eye many times and I couldn't help but repsond in my poses by going deeper. She was in an extremely good mood - telling us jokes about ice cream vs. janu sirsasana. I could feel that she wanted to connect with us so that we understood what she was teaching.

Karen and I made it to our massage yesterday at Ayur Jyoti. It was a wonderful oil massage and I felt so relaxed that I didn't mind the rickshaw ride home in rush hour traffic.

I feel acclimated now to the culture, the Institute and our schedule. This has helped my stress level and my practice. A group of five of us are meeting to take notes on the clases. The others in our group are Nancy from NY, Tina from Seattle, Glennis from Englan and our flatmate Oscar. It feels a little like living in the dorm and studying together.

Tonya and Terry - I said hi to Nana. He remembered both of you. Tonya he said "yes, yes, Tonya and Barb"!

1 comment:

Catie said...

Hi Nina,
It didn't go so well, and while I haven't gotten the official no, I am pretty sure I didn't get one of the jobs. But at least I looked cute :)
I have applied to about ten jobs this week; all at specific schools and grades. Hopefully one of those comes through!
I love reading your posts and am so glad you are enjoying yourself! We are planning for Jim and Wil coming, and thinking of bunches of things to do!
Love,
Catie