Friday, August 15, 2008

Independence Day

Today, August 15th, is India's Independence Day, celebrating 61 years of independence. The Institute is closed, so Karen and I decided to have a day with no agenda. We are simply resting, practicing, and planning to watch "The Return of the Jedi" while eating cookies and gelato.

We are planning a trip to the German Bakery which is located near Osho. For you Portlanders' who don't know Osho is the retreat center founded by the Bhagwan Shri Rajneesh, of Antelope fame. We won't be going in, just taking a peek.

I am personally happy to be past the halfway point of our trip. It has been challenging to say the least!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It occurs to me that yogic (Jedi) philosophy is pervasive... my speedway instructor encouraged my skill with such wisdoms as "go slow to go fast..., expand your awareness..., increase peripheral vision..., breath...,be calm, CALM I say!!" All of this contributes to heightened focus! This all while going 120 mph... hehe! I didn't know you could be so Jedi on a crotch rocket. Think yoda when you are in headstand or backbend agony. Do or do not, there is no try!! :-)))

Unknown said...

Hi,
My trips to India and RIMYI have been transformational, and it wasn't easy. The first two trips left me saying I would never go back. The third time was the charm, and now I am looking forward to my next trip in 2009.
Some say they get off the plane and feel like they are home. Some get off the plane and want to go back home. That's India.
The next two weeks should be easier, and go by quickly. May the force be with you!
Bill M.

Theyoginme said...

Nina, I think you are doing great just based on readings of your blog. India is a land of contradictions. It is so much better than what it used to be like. 20 years ago I couldnt imagine being able to blog from India and be able to make a long distance phone call. It is not surprising that you are glad to have crossed the half way mark. I am curious to know your thoughts any classes you may have observed.

It only gets better. There was a guy Mark in my class from Germany who I believe is still doing killer poses up on the 2nd floor in interemediate, finishing his third month now. I put a video from Guruji on my blog
. It may give you some inspiration.

I attended a great rope class with Nuvana this morning in level 4 today.

Nitin